About Eco Toys
Eco Toys is proud to be the first Toy Store in Australia to sell 100% environmentally friendly toys. And we have spent over seven years researching, learning, traveling and sourcing the best eco toys around the world for you! In fact Eco Toys is still the only toy store in Australia to have a 100% commitment to the planet and to the safety of your children.
We aim to support locally made and Australian designed toys that have been crafted by highly skilled people paid a fair wage for their work.
Our priority is to support local and if we can source toys locally or at least support an Australian company then we will before looking overseas. Eco Toys is proud to support local artisans / crafts people and many Australian manufacturers that make high quality, beautiful and unique toys.
All of our products are made from sustainable, renewable and / or recycled materials. Each product / brand is thoroughly screened to ensure they meet our strict ‘eco criteria’ below:
All Eco Toys are:
- Made from 100% natural materials such as wood, certified organic cotton or pure wool or 100% recycled materials.
- Materials are sourced from renewable and sustainable resources or recycled materials.
- 60% of our toys are either Australian made and/or designed in Australia and owned by Australian companies.
- Paints and finishes are water based and 100% non-toxic and safe.
- Our baby soft toys are certified organic cotton which promotes farming techniques that respect and replenish the environment.
- Eco Toys uses NO synthetic fillings for soft toys.
- We also have a range of 100% pure wool felt toys, a biodegradable, sustainable and renewable material.
- We choose manufacturers that care about the environment and run conservation projects such as the tree plus project.
- We support manufacturers who ensure workers get a fair wage and run programs that fight poverty in third world countries.
our favourite products
Wishbone Bike - 3 in 1 Wooden Bike
Everearth Activity Walker
Rainbow Sound Blocks
We aim to support locally made and Australian designed toys that have been crafted by highly skilled people paid a fair wage for their work. Our priority is to support local and if we can source toys locally or at least support an Australian company then we will before looking overseas
All our printing is done locally on 100% post consumers waste paper, are chlorine free and only vegetable based ink (an environmentally friendly alternative) is use. All of our packaging is 100% recycled including boxes, bubble wrap, brown kraft paper and other paper used in boxes.
Gift wrapping available
Gift wrapping is available! We only use recycled gift wrap paper made locally by a company who uses 100% green power (accredited renewable energy). Our gift cards are also locally printed using 100% recycled materials and soy based inks.